It’s not always easy to avoid inviting kids to your wedding, and when you have kids of your own it’s pretty much impossible. How can you say to your sister, ‘we want it to be an adult only wedding’, and then have your daughter be the flower girl?
Here’s 10 ways to have a kid friendly wedding:
1. Wide open spaces. Pick a venue that has some area where kids can run around and need only 1 adult to supervise. Like a field, or a built in bowling alley at your reception venue.
2. Incorporate the little ones in your wedding. Whether it be a first look with their mommy (the bride) or as part of the wedding party (flower girl or ring bearer). Including them in this special event might end up being more precious than you thought possible.
Callisto & Co. Photography
3. Distractions. Some kids get squirmy right when the ceremony starts, provide coloring books or bubbles to help parents cope.
Callisto & Co. Photography
4. Kids menu. MUST. Have options that you’ll pay less for and that kids will eat more of… eat at all.
5. Hire a DJ who has a good playlist. Frozen, Moana, Trolls. The works. Have said DJ play those kid favorites during cocktail hour, when adults don’t want to dance but children have an inordinate amount of energy. Like seriously, where does it come from?
6. Baby friendly bathrooms. Yes, bathrooms. Ones with changing tables, or even a nursing room for moms who are still providing that previous self-made baby food to their tiny ones.
7. A good non-alcoholic drink menu. This means more than just soda. How about chocolate milk and apple juice? It doesn’t take a lot to appease those thirsty tots.
8. NO GLASSWARE at the ids' table. If you have glassware it might get dropped, and if it falls it’s likely to shatter, and when it shatters you’ll need to clean it up, and after cleaning it up there might be a few slivers or shards left behind.
9. Childcare. It may seem extravagant but you will be so happy you bit the bullet on this one! Provide childcare for kids for the entire wedding or just after dinner. That way your friends and family don’t have to miss out on your big day, as it turns into night.
10. the unexpected. Honestly, with anything wedding related (and anything in life) you can’t control completely what will or won’t happen. Make your wedding kid friendly by letting go of expectations, rolling with the punches, and being in the moment.
Amy McLaughlin Lifestyles is a wedding planning, design and production firm based in Newburyport, Massachusetts and serving all of New England. AML magical memories on a global scale for a diverse set of clients that have included private individuals, socialites, royalty, red-carpet celebrities and captains of industry. Their expertise lies in not only planning and executing weddings, but creating iconic experiences for our clients and their guests.
For couples with grand visions and high expectations. AML is an all-inclusive wedding planning firm. Branding your wedding, designing invitations, hiring the most perfect vendors, creating your wedding website, designing the most breathtaking florals. These services and more...all provided by one firm, thus creating a seamless design.
(Content collaboration - Perfectweddingguide.com)