Accessories are such a fun part of getting ready, so enjoy picking them out.
There are a few pointers that can help...
DON'T stick to bridal accessories. "They are often more expensive and really predictable," she advises. Shop around.
DON'T overdo it if you're wearing a dress with lots of embellishment. " You might only need one extra thing- some sparkle in a pair of earrings, or maybe your hair and makeup will give the finishing touch. Less is more."
DO look to the red carpet for inspiration. A-listers often just wear one piece of statement jewelry with wedding gowns.
DO try on everything, even things you're sure you wouldn't be seen dead in, from traditional veils and tiaras to sashes, gloves, and jewelry that's outside your comfort zone.
DO look at vintage accessories and costume jewelry.
Want to Buy Vintage Accessories? Here's 5 tips on how to find the right ones!
1. Always buy what you love. Then you'll be happy with it for years, regardless of it's value.
2. Buy the best of what you can afford.
3. Buy well-known brands. Designers like Chanel and Yves Saint Laurent will always be popular and they have both classic and contemporary designs.
4. Care for things, and they will last.
5. Always buy from a reputed source. Not only will they be able to answer all your questions and advise you, but you'll be able to buy with confidence.
Amy McLaughlin Lifestyles is a wedding planning, design and production firm based in Newburyport, Massachusetts and serving all of New England. AML magical memories on a global scale for a diverse set of clients that have included private individuals, socialites, royalty, red-carpet celebrities and captains of industry. Their expertise lies in not only planning and executing weddings, but creating iconic experiences for our clients and their guests.
For couples with grand visions and high expectations. AML is an all-inclusive wedding planning firm. Branding your wedding, designing invitations, hiring the most perfect vendors, creating your wedding website, designing the most breathtaking florals. These services and more...all provided by one firm, thus creating a seamless design.